Before SafetyNames, you may have purchased your web products from another provider, such as GoDaddy or Web.com. Now that you are in the good hands of SafetyNames, you can also transfer over your domain names into your SafetyNames account, so that you can manage all of your products in one solution!
Here is the breakdown on how you can transfer your domain name to SafetyNames and manage all products with us:
1) Where did you register your domain name before? You will need to go to that website and do two things:
- Unlock your domain name – If you use GoDaddy, you can see how to unlock your domain here
- Obtain the domain name’s “Transfer”, “Authorization” or “EPP” Code. This you will need to transfer your domain name to SafetyNames. Here is how you get your EPP code from GoDaddy
2) When you have successfully Unlocked your domain name and obtained the EPP code, then you can begin the process of transferring over your domain name.
- Go to https://www.SafetyNames.com/transfers
- Enter your domain name that you wish to transfer to SafetyNames and enter the Authorization / EPP / Transfer Code
From here, you will check out just as normal. There is a cost associated with the transfer, however you get 12 months added to your domain name registration length!
You will get an email from your old domain registrar asking if the transfer is okay. Make sure that you confirm the transfer!
Transfers can take up to 5 days to transfer away from your old provider. Once we have the domain in our management, you will see it in your SafetyNames account!
If you need help with your domain transfers, you can also email us anytime and we can transfer the domain names to SafetyNames for you!
Let us know if you need any help!